05.12.2017 - 07.12.2017 Modern Aluminum Structures in Transport
The organizer of the conference was the company Non-Commercial Partnership “Russian Aluminium Extruders Alliance”. The official partners of the conference were the company “Arconic SMZ” and “Aluminum Association” (Russia).
More than 60 delegates participated in the conference, including representatives of aviation industry, the production of tank semi-trailers, the rocket and space industry, laser technology, car building, research institutes; representatives of the metallurgy industry, suppliers of equipment for various types of welding, soldering, automation of welding production and equipment for additive technologies.
29 Russian and foreign experts represented their papers. The most interesting were the following papers:
- Snapshot And Helicopter Insight View of The Global Automotive Light Weighting Trends by Materials – Processes - Applications, Jost Gärtner,AluMag Automotive GmbH (Germany)
- Additive Manufacturing in Aviation and Automotive Industries, Vladimir Babkin,TRUMPF GmbH & Co.KG(Germany/Russia)
- Aluminization of a Modern Car, Anton Stepanov,United Company RUSAL – Trading House(Russia)
- Presentation of the Roadster “The Crimea”, Dmitry Onishchenko, Bauman Moscow State Technical University (BMSTU) (Russia)
- Recent Development in Aluminium Application for Modern Light-weight Car Design, Jürgen Hirsch,Hydro Aluminium Rolled Products GmbH (Germany)
- Aluminium Alloy Bodies of Railroad Passenger and Freight Cars Made in Russia, Alexander Konyukhov,JSCVNIIZHT (Railway Research Institute)(Russia)
- Friction Stir Welding for the Manufacture of Aluminum Structures in Transport, Vladimir Bakshaev,“Cheboksary Enterprise “Sespel”(Russia)
- Implementation of Pilot Project of Pedestrian Bridges with Aluminum Alloy Superstructure and Possible Application of Aluminum Alloys in Bridge Construction, Grigory Yarlykov, Institute “Morissot” (Russia)
- New Technologies in Aluminium Alloy Parts Manufacturing for Ship-Building, DmitriyNikushchenko,Saint-Petersburg State Marine Technical University(Russia)
- Passive Fire Protection for Aluminium Parts, Kirill Malyshko,SVT Brandschutz Vertriebsgesellschaft mbH International (Germany)
- Supply of Aluminum Semi-finished Products for Prototypes and Serial Aircrafts Manufactured by PAO “ILYUSHIN”and other Russian Aircrafts for Transport and Civil Aviation, Viktor Mishin, PAO “ILYUSHIN”(Russia)
- Aluminum Alloy Wire for Transportation Equipment Industry, Stanislav Ponomarev, Experimental Factory “Avial”, Russia
In the conference, an aluminum roadster "Crimea" was presented. Specialists of BMSTU had been working on the project for several years. The car was built with the use of units, 1.6-liter gasoline engine VAZ-21127 with a capacity of 106 liters and aggregates of “Lada Kalina”. The front panel and interior elements were also taken from "Kalina". The chassis of the "Crimea" was completely original. The roadster had a mid-engine configuration, rear-wheel drive, and there was three-dimensional frame with composite body panels at the base of the machine.
At the exhibition, Technologic Center "TENA" demonstrated:
- Videos of welding equipment for aluminum application: commercial transport, high-speed electric trains, large projects of Fronius for aluminum welding, additive technologies;
- Welding machine TPSi;
“Cheboksary Enterprise “Sespel” (Russia) presented samples of joints with Friction Stir Welding technology.
Partner of the conference company "Arconic SMZ" established a special prize for innovative technologies and the most significant achievements presented in the papers.
On December 7 the participants of the conference visited Moscow Technology center — a place that was created for industrial enterprises of Russia and CIS countries. On the territory of the Center the most modern and technologically advanced equipment of the company ESAB such as welding column, CaB, 300C, gantry cutting machine, Suprarex SXE, the equipment for automatic orbital welding, emerging technology ESAB — welding machine multiprocessing Rebel and online management system WeldCloud, as well as five welding stations and the classroom is situated.
The conference and exhibition aroused interest among manufacturers of aluminum components and structures, including such industries as automotive industry, rail transport, aviation, shipbuilding, bridge construction, etc. The main attention was paid to innovations in the aluminum industry, achievements and modernization of means of transport. The conference was an excellent platform for establishing business contacts and exchanging experience.